The Holy Women at the Sepulchre, c. 1611-14
Peter Paul Rubens
The Norton Simon Foundation
© The Norton Simon Foundation
Possibly commisioned by a member of the Clarisse family, Antwerp ca. 1617.
probably Friedrich Karl Lang (1766-1822), ca. 1796 – ca. 1804 to;
[Dominic Artaria, buying for];
Johann Rudolf, Count Czernin collection, (Vienna, 1757-1845);
Czernin Collection, Vienna (on loan to Residenzgalerie, Salzburg from 1955-1971).
[Pinakos, Ltd., sold 30 April 1971 to];
[Thomas Agnew and Sons, London, stock J7255 as Holy Women and the Two Angels, sold 1972 to];
The Norton Simon Foundation.